The Child Rights in the Community Context magazine is for anyone who works with children and families.
This quick-read newsletter pulls material from the Canadian Journal of Children’s Rights of interest to family support practitioners and the organizations for which they work. Find tips, suggestions, and evidence-based practices that will encourage shared accountability for children’s well-being and increase the visibility of children as individuals in your community.
In Issue 1, practitioners can learn about:
- adopting a rights framework for action
- how to incorporate meaningful child participation into your organization’s practices
- “dos” and “don’ts” for supporting new Canadian families whose children may have been traumatized by war
- the importance of children’s rights
In Issue 2, practitioners can learn about:
- ideal learning spaces
- child rights facts and myths
- child rights-based approaches (CRBA)
- how to practice a CRBA at the community level
- the importance of children’s rights in the context of indigenous experiences
In Issue 3, practitioners can learn about:
- connecting families to child vaccine information
- a recent shift in childhood studies
- children’s books
- the right to play
In Issue 4 (a special issue on the rights of indigenous children), practitioners can learn about:
- action-oriented hopes for the future of First Nations youth living in remote communities
- information on supporting children’s rights
- a condensed memoir of living in a residential school
- indigenous early childhood programs
- exemplary Inuit early childhood programs
We do not ship internationally at this time and will only accept orders within Canada.
Once payment is received, orders are processed within 2 to 3 business days** (excluding weekends and holidays) after receiving your order confirmation email. You will receive another notification when your order has shipped.
Shipping time estimates are shown during checkout. If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery.
**Due to COVID-19, orders are processed within 5 to 7 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) after receiving your order confirmation email.
Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
Shipment Confirmation & Order Tracking
You will receive a Shipment Confirmation email once your order has shipped containing your tracking number(s). If you do not receive an email, please check your spam/junk filters or contact us for confirmation.
Please review and ensure that you have entered the correct delivery address. Families Canada is not responsible for non-delivery due to errors in the address you provide. If you need any assistance with your order, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. We cannot make changes to your order after it has been shipped.
All orders are shipped with tracking.
Families Canada is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier to file a claim.
Please save all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.